There is just something about marinades for chicken that gets you in the holiday spirit. The savory taste of the chicken is just too good. The meal is super juicy and takes you on a delicious journey. Chicken Marinade tastes the best with chicken breast. However, it tastes equally good with any other cut. Dip the chicken and marinade it for 30 minutes to achieve flavor. The longer you leave it the better it will taste. They’re better than the best steak marinades too as chicken is juicier.
Quick-Fix Chicken Marinade
The best thing about Chicken Marinade is that it is a quick-fix. No matter which type of chicken cut you use, there are plenty of substitution options to keep you happy. If you are short on time, you can make this amazing meal with minimal effort. This savory meal has just a hint of sweet which makes it extra tasty.
Many Substitutions Options
To make the Chicken Marinade, you have many substitutions available. The ingredients you will need are mentioned below.
- 1.4 lb thigh, tenderloins, or breast.
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar or honey.
- 1 tsp of olive oil or any other oil.
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- 5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- ½ tsp of black pepper.
- 1 tsp dried oregano, minced herbs, thyme, or rosemary.
- 4 garlic cloves.
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Raspberry Chipotle Marinade
- Teriyaki Marinade
- Lemon slices.
- Finely chopped parsley.
The preparations are rather straightforward as mentioned below.
- Firstly, the chicken breast needs to be pounded to even the thickness. You can do this using your fist, a rolling pin, or meat pounder. An alternative would be to cut large pieces of the chicken in half to form cutlets.
- Next, you need to mix the marinade in a container or zip lock bag and add the chicken to it.
- Leave the chicken to marinade for 30 minutes or 3 hours. You can even leave it overnight for the best taste.
- Now, pour a tablespoon of olive oil into the skillet and switch to medium high heat. Then, place the chicken in the skillet to cook it. Keep in mind to lower the heat if the chicken starts to brown very quickly.
- Finally, transfer the chicken to the serving plate once the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Make sure to cover the chicken with foil and let it stay for around 3 minutes before you garnish it with some lemon slices and parsley and serve it to everyone.
Each side of the chicken should cook for around 3 to 4 minutes each. The internal temperature should be 75C or 165F. If you are cooking tenderloin and cutlets, 2 minutes should suffice.
- Marinade works best for skinless boneless cuts.
- Cut the breasts horizontally for quick marinade.
- If you do not have brown sugar, you can add some maple syrup, 1.5 tbsp honey, and 2 tbsp white sugar.
Chicken Marinade is best served fresh. Try this mouth-watering recipe with your loved ones for the best experience.